At Teller Elementary, our vision is grounded in our values for Learning and Instruction, School Climate and Culture, Family and Community Engagement, and Professional Responsibilities.
Learning and Instruction
- At Teller, we are committed to providing each student access to high-quality, rigorous instruction aligned to grade-level standards.
- At Teller, we design learning environments and opportunities that address and support the academic, social, emotional, and physical needs of every child.
- At Teller, we plan opportunities for students to direct their own learning and provide students with varied ways to demonstrate an understanding of their learning.
- At Teller, we create opportunities for every student to develop and act on their own ideas around social justice, marginalized communities, and diverse societal perspectives.
School Climate and Culture
- At Teller, we develop authentic, meaningful relationships with all students, families, and staff.
- At Teller, we value the diversity of our community and celebrate the unique qualities of each family.
- At Teller, we foster positive peer and mentoring relationships within and between grade levels.
- At Teller, our high expectations for student and adult behavior are clearly communicated and taught.
- At Teller, we create a fun and joyful environment that support students’ love of learning.
Family and Community Engagement
- At Teller, we engage all of our families and community members by providing opportunities and strategies to support our students’ learning and their overall development.
- At Teller, we offer numerous and varied events that promote a sense of belonging and acceptance that are inclusive, fun, and free of monetary commitments.
- At Teller, we establish trust through honest and transparent communication with all stakeholders in support of our students.
- At Teller, we leverage one another’s strengths by sharing expertise and resources in pursuit of the highest quality instruction that results in equitable, increased achievement and success for all students.
- At Teller, we value positive working relationships with one another to foster a productive work environment.